Status HD One headphones offer sonic performance and build quality that is associated with more expensive headphones. They are well known because they are powerful and offer accurate sound reproduction, with a sleek unbranded design. It delivers quality at an affordable price. They come in three colors, jetblack, classic, and marathon.
The HD one headphones have a premium look, with a rubberized matte finish that cannot show fingerprints or reflect light. The headphones come with to detachable cables; one has an in-line mic. There is also a pouch for storing the headphones. The thank-you note is also included in the pack. The headphones are designed to have a great bass-y output, meaning you can get a balanced mix may be impossible.
If you are into the ‘hyped’ signature, then you’ll love how Hip hop, EDM, Rock, or metal tracks sound through these headphones. They are light and comfortable to use for hours. The faux leather used on the ear pads feels great. Even though the headphones are not ideal for use as studio monitors, this set works well as a reference. They can be used every day. They come in multiple color schemes or black and red.
They come with two flat anti-tangle cables; 1.2m black cable with inline mic/remote for phone control. It is compatible with all tablets and smartphones. The other cable is 1.7m ideal for gaming applications and desktop. Also comes with a pouch for storage or travel. Status audio presents its products to consumers well.
- Driver unit: 40mm
- Max input power: 50mW
- Rater input power: 20mW
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Cable: 1.2m
- Sensitivity: 118dB ± 3dB
- Impedance: 32ohm
- Plug: 3.5mm
The headphones feel well built, but some things need to be improved. The ear cups are made of leather material and soft to touch, but they become uncomfortable if worn for a long time. They may heat up slowly during the hot seasons and get uncomfortable.
The hinges are sturdy but may change over time. After folding and unfolding, little strands of the thread may start coming out of the cable. The headband feels rubbery and soft. Although the soft part is very thin. Lack of a logo makes the headphones look cheap, but you can customize them.
Sound stage of the headphones was expected to be large. They shine for music. Treble and bass segments are great. The bass is not overpowering, and it just stays in the back of the mix. It is very controlled and does not extend very low. There is no mid-bass hump, even if it is there, it is within the acceptable levels. They cannot overpower whatever is going on in the song.
The mids are great; the V-shaped headphones do a great job to reproduce the fundamentals and musicality, although some male voices may be too recessed for some listeners. The treble is also good. They blend in the mix nicely.
Audio quality is great, but with a caveat. If you love listening to the old iPod or something without nice EQ controls, the sound may not be nice as desired. The low end is weak, and the bass frequencies will be very low. If the low end is turned up on an equalizer, the bass will be distorted. So the boost presets for bass on such devices may not help. You need access to a full equalizer to get bass up without distortions.
The explosions when gaming sounds beautiful. The sound stage is small. Things that are far sound like they are soft and near, and things that are near may sound loud. For movies, they are not ideal if you like a big sound stage, but if you are on a train or bus, watching a few videos with status HD one will be nice. The sounds will be reproduced nicely.
- The removable cable is an upside for the headphones. It comes with two cables, one for the mobile phone and another for the desktop or gaming. The cables are anti-tangle.
- They have a matte rubberized finish that looks great.
- No celebrities, no loos, just sound. It is beautifully constructed at an affordable price range.
- The HD one headphones are free of branding and logos. They are coated in a rubberized matte finish that does not reflect light or show fingerprints. This makes them great for customizing or perfect, minimal look.
- The headphones offer an exciting sound signature that responds to all music genres. The bass is deep and articulated with a sizzling high end. They offer exceptional and detail and clarity through the frequency spectrum.
- You can use them for a long time comfortably because they are lightweight. The design is unique and foldable, which can collapse for easier
- It is compatible with all tablets and smartphones.
- They come in three colors, jetblack, classic, and marathon.
- They can be used every day.
- It may get fingermarks and looks like it shows some wear after a short time.
- Even though the headphones are not ideal for use as studio monitors, this set works well as a reference.
- After long continuous use, the outer ears get hot. This requires periodic adjusting to ensure that they are comfortable.
- The hinges are made of plastic.
If you are looking for a simple pair of headphones, then the status HD one headphones are worth considering. The package and presentation will impress you when you them. The HD one headphones look amazing out of the box. But if your ears are big, the headphones may not be comfortable when used for a long time. They are relatively small for over-ear headphones.
You can nicely pack them in the small pouch. They are light and comfortable to use for hours. The faux leather used on the ear pads feels great. Even though the headphones are not ideal for use as studio monitors, this set works well as a reference. They can be used every day. They come in multiple color schemes or black and red.