VRChat is an online platform that allows users to interact with each other. The platform is defined by the social capabilities and mini-games. You can do more than chatting on this platform, but you need an avatar. You can create the avatar or download from the Asset Store.
- You can create a new avatar on VRChat or get one from the unity Asset Store as they come fully rigged. You don’t have to do anything when before uploading. But if you create an avatar, ensure that it is in the format that Unity accepts and fully rigged before uploading.
- The avatar should be optimized to ensure that there is no low FPS for you and others. The SDK will tell you when something is not right. Add an avatar descriptor to set up the settings. Remember to set the view position.
- Check if everything is ok before uploading your avatar. When ready, press the build and publish button. The SDK will build the avatar and get it ready for uploading. You will be taken to the upload screen where you will name the avatar, set an image for it and other metadata for the avatar. Move the VRCam around the scene if you want to alter the image.
- You will have to check the box indicating that you have rights for all the content you upload. This may not be a problem if you are using the Unity Store. Licensing rights may be an issue if you download known Nintendo characters from another source. Most people ignore the rule since you will see several licensed characters, but it can cause legal problems for VRChat.
- After everything is entered, confirm that you have rights to upload the content to VRChat and press the upload button. The averter will start to upload, and when finished, you will see it in-game or through the content manager in the SDK through VRChat SDK then manage the content.
- Login to VRChat using the credentials you used to create the avatar, and it will be ready and waiting to be used.
- You can change the avatars when you want. So try as much as you can with the avatar until you get a perfect one for you. Remember to record the location of your favorite avatar; you can easily forget where you found it after logging out, the avatar resets.
How to change VRChat resolution
Resolution is the number of pixels that will be rendered and shown on the screen. It is also an important factor determining how smooth and fast the game will run, and how sharp the graphics will look. You can turn it down to speed up the performance.
You can check out the aspect ratio display and switch to a lower or high resolution of the same ratio. For example, if you have 16:9, you can turn it to 4:3 and continue enjoying the fullscreen view without black bars at the top and bottom of the display.
Checkout Recommended VrChat Headsets.
Changing the Aspect ratio 4: 3 video to 16:9 for a widescreen display may be hard for new users on VRChat. You may try to change the resolution but end up with incorrectly stretched images.
Follow these steps to change the VRChat resolution easily.
- Click on it, and you will see the current screen resolution and an option to change it.
- To change the current screen resolution in windows 10, click on the drop-down box that is visible under the resolution option.
- Hold the shift button as you double click the icon on the desktop. This will boot up the hidden settings screen. Here you will be able to change the resolution.
- To get a full screen, press alt, and enter buttons at the same time. This will change the game to fullscreen and resolve the correct size of the screen.
- Press alt and enter buttons again if you want to get the game back to its resolution. The fullscreen resolution will stay permanently between the sessions until it is deactivated.
Note: to access the settings menu, open the quick menu, and choose a system. This will help you to change a few things that you can tweak to get the best VRChat experience.