The cache is the folder that is set in the AppData which downloads all the maps where you visit, with some cookies. There are two ways to clear cache for VRChat. The first method is clearing the cache and starting afresh. This is a simple method, believing that you don’t have 30GB of downloaded maps that you no longer use on the C drive. The second method is by redirecting the cache so that the C drive does not suffer from lack of space. This is ideal for the SSD users who might be worried about why the drive is full.
Note: You can be able to clear the cache when on VRChat itself. You need to go to settings, click on advanced settings on the top right, and you will have the option of clearing cache. You’ll get a warning that VRChat will log out, click yes and the VRChat will be cleaned.
Consider this best VR headset to use with VRChat.
Clear VR Chat Cache – Follow Below Steps
When using this method, you will have to reinstall the maps when rebooting the VRChat. Ensure that VRChat is closed before you use this method.
- Click on the start menu on the windows and type %appdata%
- You will see the C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming, click on AppData to navigate the AppData folder.
- Find the localLow folder and open it. Search for the VRChat folder and open it.
- Find another folder named VRchat in the VRChat folder. Delete it and relaunch VRChat.
- That is all you need to do. The cache is cleared, and you can be able to spend up to 150 hours playing to download another 30gb.
If you are not able to use the above method, you choose to clear the cache when on VRChat itself. You need to go to settings, click on advanced settings on the top right, and you will have the option of clearing cache. You’ll get a warning that VRChat will log out, click yes and the VRChat will be cleaned. This is simple and easy.