If you are thinking of buying a computer for your home studio, it would be a good idea to look closely at the options available to you. Also, you may want to consider some of the following factors before getting the best computer for recording music at home:
- Affordability – It is always better if you can find an affordable and efficient computer.
- Fast Processor – Your recording computer needs to be faster than a regular computer.
- Bigger Screen Space – Having lots of screen space is always recommended for mixing and producing tracks.
- Customization – You will also need the ability to customize which will allow you to easily upgrade your home studio with different gear.
- Portable – Having a portable computer is always a good option especially if you like your studio to be mobile-ready.
- 1 Top 5 Best Computer For Recording Music At Home
- 2 1. Apple iMac ME086LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop
- 3 2. Apple MacBook Pro MGXA2LL/A 15-Inch Laptop with Retina Display
- 4 3. Apple Mac Pro ME253LL/A Desktop
- 5 4. Apple Mac Mini MGEQ2LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
- 6 5. Apple MacBook Air MJVG2LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (256 GB) NEWEST VERSION
Top 5 Best Computer For Recording Music At Home
The following are some of the most recommended computers for home studios:
1. Apple iMac ME086LL/A 21.5-Inch Desktop
This new version of the Apple iMac has a 21.5-inch LED-backlit diagonal widescreen display that comes with IPS Technology and 1920 x 1080 resolution. It is powered by Mac OS X Yosemite and Intel Iris Pro Graphics. Other specs include; 2.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core Gen 4 i5 Processor that can be turbo boosted for up to 3.2 GHz and comes with 6MB L3 cache, 1TB (5400 rpm) Hard Drive, four USB ports, and 8 GB of 1600MHz DDR3 Memory. This all-in-one stunning iMac is considered as the most powerful in this series because of the mentioned specs. The widescreen display and the unfeasibly slim casing (5mm) really give this computer a sleek and cool look. With support for Next-Gen 802.11ac WiFi, you can be assured of reliable connectivity
2. Apple MacBook Pro MGXA2LL/A 15-Inch Laptop with Retina Display
Another good computer for the home studio is the MacBook Pro MGXA2LL. This laptop is powered by 2.2 GHz Intel Core (Quad-Core) i7 Processor (with Turbo Boost for up to 3.4 GHz). It also comes with a 15.4”IPS Retina Display, 2888×1800 resolution, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3L RAM; 256 GB PCIe-based Flash Storage, Intel Iris Pro Graphics, X Mavericks OS, and battery life that can last up to 8 hours. The retina display has more than five million pixels that can be used to retouch photos or edit home videos in HD, while you can still enjoy high clarity level. The text is also razor-sharp, making it easier for you to browse the web or revise a document. The Fourth Gen Intel Core i7 powers up the laptop and allows you to carry on doing even the most complicated and difficult technical computing jobs that you can think of.
3. Apple Mac Pro ME253LL/A Desktop
Another Apple computer worth trying is the desktop Mac Pro ME253LL and it comes with great specs to boot like: 3.7 GHz Intel (Quad-Core) Xeon E5 Processor; Mac OS X Yosemite; 12 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC Memory; Dual AMD FirePro D300 with 2GB GDDR5 VRAM each; and 256GB PCIe-based Flash Storage. What makes this computer a really good option is the Next-Gen Intel Quad Core Xeon Nehalem combined with innovative system architecture. This superb fusion of power makes the Mac Pro a truly reliable PC that can deliver performance that is almost twice the speed of the previous models. With such great speed level, this computer is really going to be able to provide you with the computing power that you need for your home studio.
4. Apple Mac Mini MGEQ2LL/A Desktop (NEWEST VERSION)
The Mac Mini from Apple has: 2.8GHz Intel (dual-core) Core i5; Intel Iris Graphics; 1TB Fusion Drive; Mac OS X Yosemite; and 8GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 memory. The graphics are truly a welcome upgrade and home users will surely appreciate this. The old Mini had one GB Ethernet port, but this new version comes with two; this means there is no need to take the Thunderbolt port in case you want a second Ethernet port. All in all, this is a good computer that you can incorporate with your existing or planned home studio.
5. Apple MacBook Air MJVG2LL/A 13.3-Inch Laptop (256 GB) NEWEST VERSION
The last on the list is the MacBook Air from Apple and it comes with exciting features and specs like: 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (with Turbo Boost for up to 2.7 GHz); four GB of 1600MHz LPDDR3 RAM; 256 GB PCIe-based flash storage; Intel HD Graphics 6000; 13.3-Inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Glossy Widescreen Display at 1440 x 900 resolution; OS X Yosemite; and battery life of up to 12 hours. What really is a big plus for this computer is the attention to detail provided for its design. The four GB of RAM is a useful feature that will surely let you watch movies, listen to music and create your own musical or audio productions.