Looking for the best Audio Interface for streaming, are you? Well, you’ve come to the right place! If you are looking for one, then we are on the same page here. I have here some of the best and reliable Audio Interface units that will certainly work great for you in terms of music streaming. Be it on YouTube, Apple Music, Tidal and the many other music streaming services available at your fingertips! So, now, having said that, what are the best Audio Interface devices for streaming available on market?
- 1 5 Top Best Audio Interface for Streaming:
- 2 1. Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface
- 3 2. Focusrite Scarlett Solo Mk2 192 kHz USB 2.0 Audio Interface + Speaker – Editor’s Choice.
- 4 3. Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface With Pro Tools/First
- 5 4. Hercules Universal USB Bluetooth Dj Controller Interface+Stand+Headphones
- 6 5. Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) Audio Interface
- 7 Conclusion and Recommendation
5 Top Best Audio Interface for Streaming:
- Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface
- Focusrite Scarlett Solo Mk2 192 kHz USB 2.0 Audio Interface + Speaker
- Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface With Pro Tools/First
- Hercules Universal USB Bluetooth Dj Controller Interface+Stand+Headphones
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) Audio Interface
Now, why don’t we have a look at each one of them?
The Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface is a top-grade audio conversion and easy connectivity to computer and iOS systems type of unit from Apogee, one that is a beautifully designed desktop wedge offering four high-quality Apogee Analogue XLR inputs. With recording, the unit can accept microphone input sources using Apogee’s preamps or can be used as line level input sources, bypassing the preamp stage altogether. The Apogee Quartet includes USB-Lightning Connector Cable, 4 inputs/8 outputs (Analogue), 4 microphone preamps comprising of 75dB Gain +48V, ADAT/SMUX Lightpipe Digital Inputs, 24-Bit/192kHz Resolution, control of up to 3 speaker Sets, Wordclock Output and USB MIDI I/O and is compatible with Mac OS X, Windows 10 & iOS devices.
With the Apogee Quartet which is a 2.0 USB Audio Interface, when paired with an optional ADAT ADAT Lightpipe expander, allows streaming up to 12 channels of audio into an Apple Computer, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch, working well also with any Windows 10 operating system PC. When it comes to the unit’s outputs, the Quartet gives you six ¼-inches Analogue sockets, and thereby supporting 5.1 surround requirements, while a side-mounted headphone port is independent of these allowing you to configure for performing artists a headphone mix separately from your monitor mix.
The device has A, B and C buttons on the upper panel designed to drive separate pairs of speakers, allowing you to reference studio nearfields, a main pair and more. More to say is that, with the Quartet, two TOSLink optical inputs, that besides giving the provision of eight-channel ADAT Lightpipe input, when used together, support SMUX for higher sample rate audio transfer. Additionally, there are three QuickTouch Pads with LED highlight rings above the main controller knob that can be assigned to different functions like mute and sum-to-mono, switching on and off, facilitating sound comparison on different kinds of speakers. It has two colour OLED displays supplying detailed metering and other information, including gain level, headphone volume, and phantom power status and more that the unit offers you.
- Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface, 12-In x 8-Out Audio Interface, Analog Inputs & Outputs, Quickly Select I/O and functions, Dial it all in, the Ultimate Desktop Audio Interface and Studio Control.
- AD/DA conversion for recording up to 192kHz/24-Bit, USB 2.0 High Speed connection to Mac or PC, Software control of hardware parameters including Input Selection and low latency monitoring, direct digital connection with iOS devices such as iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. 30-pin/Lightning cable sold separately.
- It monitors control for up to 3 sets of speakers or 5.1 surround.
- Apogee Quartet USB Audio Interface of weight 3.5 pounds, dimensions of 10.1 x 5.2 x 3 inches, model number of QUARTET-IOS-MAC, colour name of Black, Silver, 1.7 screen size.
- Has superb audio conversion quality.
- Beautiful design.
- Easy to use interface.
- It is both iOS and Windows 10 compatible.
- It is rather expensive.
2. Focusrite Scarlett Solo Mk2 192 kHz USB 2.0 Audio Interface + Speaker – Editor’s Choice.
The Focusrite Scarlett Solo MK2 192 kHz USB 2.0 Audio Interface + Speaker is an Audio Interface unit that comprises of 2 Input/ 2 Output, single Scarlett Microphone Preamp, single Instrument/Line Input with Switch, 24-Bit/192 kHz, Ableton Live Lite & Pro Tools/First, inclusive of Software Bundle, and is compatible with both OS X and Windows. It is a 2ND GEN portable USB 2.0 device with 48V Phantom Power, one that allows you to monitor your signal either through an independent ¼ inches output or via rear-mounted, unbalanced RCA jacks.
The Solo MK2 is Focusrite’s best choice audio interface for the singer/songwriter needing recording of professional-quality vocals and guitar. With the unit, you get super-low latency for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP, has one headphone output with gain control, Stereo line outputs on RCA phono for connecting to home speakers. A lovable device to be taken anywhere you like plugging in your mic, instrument and immediately allowing you to record crystal clear studio-quality.
The Solo MK2 comes with a USB Cable, Code for Software Bundle, Limited 2-Year Warranty, a reliable unit that is enhanced by a suite of Focusrite Scarlett plug-ins which are a set of tools including compression, EQ, gating, and reverb. Its Novation Bass Station software synthesizer can be used for bass addition or melody, and a sample pack from Loopmasters contains drum loops and sound effects, Ableton Live included to boot and all many more features making this unit to be one you should certainly settle for. This is our choice for the best audio Interface for streaming.
- Focusrite SCARLETT SOLO MK2 192 kHz, USB 2.0 Audio Interface + speaker, has Pro Tools First + Rockville RPB1 10-Watt Waterproof, is portable, has handheld Bluetooth Speaker with NFC, loud! Has supported Sample Rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, Microphone Inputs: Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20 kHz +/- 0.1 dB, Dynamic Range: 106dB (A-Weighted).
- It is THD+N: <0.002% (minimum gain, -1dBFS input with 22Hz/22kHz bandpass filter), Noise EIN: < -128 dB (A-Weighted), Maximum input level: +4dBu, Gain Range: 50 dB, Line Inputs: Frequency Response: 20hz – 20kHz, +/- 0.1 dB, Dynamic Range: 106 dB (A-Weighted), THD +N: <0.002% (minimum gain, -1dBFS input with 22Hz/22kH bandpass filter) Maximum input level: +22 dBu. Gain Range: 50 dB.
- Has 500mAh battery supporting 10 hours of playback, supported Operating Systems of Mac OSX 10.10 Yosemite or 10.1 El Captain; Windows 7 (64-Bit), Windows 8.1, Windows 10.
- Focusrite SCARLETT SOLO 2ND Gen of Focusrite, wight 2 pounds, dimensions of 6.9 x 6.4 x 2.5 inches.
- Great audio interface with improvements in the model.
- Has easy physical setup.
- Easy to tell when you are clipping.
- Worth its price.
- Has great performance
- Ideal for Solo singers/songwriters.
- Unusable mic input.
- It needs Windows 7 with 4GB ram, at least, or mac X.5.
- USB 2.0 comes with lots of software and plug-ins which must be downloaded and registered.
The Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2ND-GEN) is of Focusrite is an Audio Interface comprising pf 6 in and 6 out, 2 front-facing Microphone XLR/1/4 inches Line Inputs with Hardware knobs for gain control and level monitoring, 21/4 inches Line inputs, 1 stereo S/PDIF input as well as MIDI for inputs. Its outputs include 21/4 inches Headphone outputs with hardware volume knobs, 21/4 inches Line (Monitor) headphone outputs with volume knob, 2 additional line outputs, 1 Stereo S/PDIF out as well as MIDI out.
The Scarlett 6i6 has our 4 Analog inputs, two Scarlett Mic preamps with lots of even gain, class-leading digital conversion up to 24-bit/192 kHz, super-low latency allowing the performance as well as production using effects in real time, having also four balanced Analog outputs for connecting studio monitors or outboard gear. The unit has Frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz, USB connection, MIDI I, as already explained, independent headphone outputs, 48v Phantom Power, Software Bundle & Ableton Live Lite, inclusive of Pro Tools/ First with extras, downloadable iOS Remote Control App and is compatible with both Mac OS X and Windows.
The device has also the Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) responsible for delivery of modules based the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. Included also is the Softtube Timer and Tone Pack for further sonic exploration within your DAW. The model’s improvement over the first generation is its provision of a round-trip latency as low as 2.74ms at 96 kHz allowing you to record and monitor processed sound sources in real time. All these and the many more features that the Scarlet 6i6 second generation gives you the more reasons to settle for it!
- Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools/First, Create and collaborate, ideal for Multi-Instrumentalists, Producers and small bands, has Focusrite Control, recording made easy, Instant recording.
- Has two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain: tow instrument inputs plus two additional line level Analog inputs, four ¼ inches balanced jack outputs; two headphone outputs with gain control; MIDI I/O; S/PDIF in and out for connection of other digital devices.
- It includes Pro Tools/ First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite, Softube Timer and Tone Bundle, Focusrite’s Red Plug-in Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples, Choice of one free XLN Addictive keys virtual instrument, all available via download upon purchase and registration.
- Comprises of Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192 kHz/24-bit; Super-low round-trip latency for using your plug0ins in real time without need of DSP; Focusrite iOS Control app and adjust cue mixes remotely from an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch.
- It is compatible with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher, has frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz, +/- 0.1 dB, supported Sample Rates include 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, and has an offer 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects.
- Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) of Focusrite with 2.58 pounds weight, dimensions of 1.9 x 8.2 s 7.5 inches, model number of AMS-SCARLETT-6I6-2ND-GEN, colour name and size of 6i6- 2 Mic Pres, USB 2.0 Hardware Interface and with a voltage of 240.
- An upgrade on the first version.
- Easy to use.
- Worth its price.
- Has great build quality.
- For having 6 outputs linked to the Monitor audio bus alone, this means it has two separate headphone amps and external speakers having all independent volume controls.
- Has super-low latency.
- Has mild driver issues with Cubase, working fine with the workaround.
- The S/PDIF could be swapped for more useful ports.
The Hercules Universal DJ USB DJ Controller Interface is one designed with the combination of a Bluetooth DJ software controller with the DJUCED 40 DJing Software, DJUCED Master DJing standalone app for tablets, and DJUCED Master DJing and party-hosting app for smartphones and tablets. As it stands device offers control of your mixes from all your devices, mix with computer, smartphone, tablet, mix from the Dance share your Playlist with Guests, has two Pressure-Sensitive Jog Wheels, 16 Performance Pads as well as compatibility with Android, iOS, Windows as well as Mac.
The device is affordable, easy to use, suitable for a wide array of DJ levels and is adaptable to many different types of gig, performance and recording settings. The Hercules Universal DJ USB DJ Controller comprises of two 11cm pressure-sensitive jog wheels, mixing controls for two separate decks, separate on-board EQ for both decks, On-board cue, FX, sample and loop, allows syncing of your smartphone streaming live services with the controller.
It enables control DJ mixes, create loops and FX combos from a smartphone with the DJUCED app, creation of votes for songs from your own crowd if they have the DJUCED app as well, and it comes with 3 different modes for the support of PC, laptop, tablets as well as smartphones. It comprises of fader, knobs and buttons; with the master fader being made of hard plastic, each fader being able to be removed and replaced if need be, the pitch faders clicking once you reach the centre of the level and this is a benefit when you are performing. More to say about the device is that it has Track Ending alert, PANIC button for automatic launching of the best next track and many more cool features making this device truly worth spending on!
- Hercules Universal DJ USB MIDI Bluetooth DJ Controller with Pads + Built-in Interface + Rockville RLS2400 Lightweight Folding DJ Laptop Stand with Extra Adjustable Shelf and Travel Bag- Folds Flat for portability + Samson SR350 Over Ear Closed Back Studio Monitoring Headphones.
- Has PC/Mac LAPTOP MODE: Mix essentials. Ignite the dance by the mixing of your controller with your computer, control DJUCED 40 from your Mac or PC (via USB connection), is compatible with MIDI DJing software, has MULTISCREEN MODE: Extended and unprecedented mixing possibilities, you can mix from your Mac or PC via USB connection.
- It allows you to control or extend your mix from your smartphone or tablet using the built-in Bluetooth wireless technology and the dedicated DJUCED Master app, discover infinite possibilities, with the evolutionary app. TABLET MODE: offers you intuitive features at your fingertips. Wirelessly connect your tablet to your Hercules Universal DJ controller and you will be ready to mix!
- Hercules Universal DJ USB of weight 9 pounds, model number of Universal DJ+RLS2400+SASR350
- Has multi-screen mode for your benefit.
- Share your favourite songs with friends via the DJUCED app.
- You can connect your MP3 player to the AUX input.
- It has Track Ending Alert.
- Has a PANIC button for automatic launching of the best next track.
- It doesn’t allow turning down of the mix-channels with a gain knob.
Another of Focusrite, the Scarlet 2ie (2nd Gen) is an audio interface comprising of 2 Scarlett Inputs & 4 Outputs, 4x Unbalanced RCA Outputs, MIDI I/Os, is USB powered, has independent Headphone Output, Line/Instrument Switches, 48V Phantom Power, 24-Bit/192 kHz, inclusive of Software Bundle, and is compatible with OS X & Windows. The unit is portable for computer environment usage, allows monitoring, or sending cue mixes out to instrumentalists; by means of four unbalanced RCA jacks mounted on the rear panel. A type of audio interface is the Scarlett 2i4 one, which, for having combination input jacks renders it suitable for tracking instruments with much in the way of headroom and little distortion.
The unit features super-low latency bringing confidence in performance, is compact and flexible, makes ease of performing and recording studio quality audio against a cue mix. Other features include two natural-sounding Scarlett microphone preamps up to 192kHz audio resolution with super-low latency, as already mentioned, instant use, lightweight, sturdy, inclusive of Pro Tools/ First Ableton Live Lite and a suite of software and samples, free XLN Addictive Keys license with purchase, Red 2 & 3 Plug-in suite, Softtube Time & Tone Bundle and 2GB of Loopmasters samples, with Focusrite 2-year manufacturer’s warranty.
More to say is that you will get additional plugins and loops giving you more reasons to settle for the Scarlett 2i4!
- Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2ND GEN) Audio Interface, Crisp and Clear conversion, Instant recording, two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with lots of even gain, two instrument inputs, two ¼ inches balance jack outputs for connection of professional studio monitors; one headphone output with gain control; MIDI I/O
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz/24-bit super-low round-trip latency for using your plug-in real time without need of DSP.
- Compatibility with Windows 7 and higher, and Mac OS X 10.10 and higher, frequency response- 20Hz – 20kHz, +/- 0.1 dB. Supported Sample Rates: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz 176.4 kHz, 192 kHz, inclusive also of 2-year limited warranty on manufacturing defects.
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 (2ND GEN) Audio Interface of weight 1.87 pounds, dimensions of 1.9 x 8.3 x 5.4 inches, model number of AMS-SCARLETT-2I4-2ND-GEN, colour name and size of 2i4 -2 Mic Pres, USB 2.0 Hardware Interface and voltage of 240.
- Great Audio Interface for use.
- Sturdy and compact design.
- Easy to use.
- Instant Recording.
- Comes with 2-year Manufacturer’s warranty.
- Has Cubase 8.5 issues.
Conclusion and Recommendation
That’s about it folks on this topic about the best audio Interface for streaming! Out of the five reviewed products here are my three recommended for you. If you are a solo singer/songwriter looking for an ideal audio interface, I recommend the Scarlett Solo, it will do. If you are looking for more than that, either the 2i4 or the 6i6 will work best. If you want to go one with a little bit of fun to it the Hercules Universal DJ USB Bluetooth Audio Interface will be the best to settle for. I hope this has been helpful in!